How much do you know about 'The Last of England'
painting by Ford Madox Brown? See if you can answer the questions
1. Why are the people in the painting making their journey?
a) to emigrate
b) for a holiday
c) to go shopping.
2. What sort of transport are they travelling on?
a) a train
b) a boat
c) horse and carriage.
3. What is the weather like in the painting?
a) sunny and bright
b) windy and rainy
c) cold and snowy.
4. What type of food is being carried on the boat?
c) bread and cakes.
5. How many children are in the painting?
6. What stage are these people at on their journey?
a) the end
b) the middle
c) the start.
7. What time of year is the picture showing?
8. Where are these people sailing
from? There is a clue on the horizon line.